Thursday, June 11, 2009

GI issues....

So we went to WIC today to get the new coupons for Elecare. Hopefully she will tolerate this stuff better than the nutramigen. We were on our way to pick up some of Charlie's prescriptions and her nurse said, "Hey they didn't give us any coupons for June!" So we had to drive back to WIC. They said sorry, they didn't even think to switch out the ones for the nutramigen, even though I handed them to them. Anyway, we picked up the scripts and then went to Kroger, who we were told would carry the Elecare. Nope and neither does their supplier. Or any other Kroger in the area. I went home and started calling around. After 5 or so pharmacies, I called Meijer. The lady transferred me to the baby department (has the pharmacy never dealt with enteral formulas before!?) so I should have known I wasn't speaking to the most knowlegable person. So they CAN order it, but she insists they cannot do it with WIC coupons. I called WIC. They first questioned me on all the pharmacies that DON'T carry it (yes, I was asking if they could order it, not if they just had it in stock!) and finally she said they DO take WIC, we just have to ring it up at the front registers, not at the pharmacy counter. So I called the lady back and told her what they were *supposed* to do, she checked with her supervisor and guess what? They DO take WIC! Sheesh.

So Charlie had a good ol' time at WIC. I think she was just happy to be out of the house. She grinned and squealed at everyone and thought the loud coupon printer was hilarious. She even grinned at the nurse after she poked her toe to check her iron. She said she never had a kid handle it so well. My response? "She's on a LOT of drugs!"

So on our second trip to WIC, I was just pulling in the parking lot when I smelled something. I asked Charlie's nurse if she farted she said, "No of course not!" LOL and I said, "Ok, well I'll go in and get the coupons, you deal with Charlie." I came back out and it was just huge mess. She used every last wipe in the bag and it was all over her clothes. Thankfully not on the car seat though. So she got to ride home almost nakey:


Photobucket

She seemed quite pleased with herself.

Oh and we are taking her in tomorrow for blood draws to check her chromosomes. :-D

4 comments:

Happy Frog said...

so glad you got the formula switched and princess charlie had a good time on her outing! :) i'll try to call you tomorrow if/when the kids are calm. the electrician will be here all day rewiring our house so i'll be around. if charlie is up to it and you are bored at home - come on over!! :) we may or may not have electricity but that shouldn't affect us too much. . .

Vanessa said...

so sorry to hear all that is going on... :( hang in there.

Sherrie Miller said...

Love the nakey baby picture!

Amy said...

So glad Charlie was able to enjoy her outing! Love the picture :)