Saturday, July 21, 2012

A special thanks....

Most of the on-line contributions have been anonymous, or the people have marked that they do not want any sort of public recognition.  I want to thank the others though!

First of all, even though they didn't say they wanted to be mentioned, I'm doing it anyway....My dad, Bob, and my little sister, Sherrie, jumped right on the campaign once they got wind of it.  My dad immediately contributed and has been telling *everyone* about his amazing granddaughter!  My little sister doesn't have a Facebook page anymore (boo!) so she only just got word last night when I messaged her.  I just wanted her to see her beautiful niece's picture in the paper and I told her we'd already reached our goal and I wasn't asking her for money....but of course I woke up to a little extra in our funds. :-)

I want to thank all of my Facebook friends who are sharing the story on their walls.  This helps just as much as the actual donations do.  I'm not only doing this fundraiser to raise money, I'm also doing it to spread the word...about Charlie and about ways to help your special needs child.  I want to reach out to others who are in the same situation.  A friend and I actually just started a Facebook group for parents and caregivers of children with severe CP. If you fall into this category, please check it out!

Thanks to all of the people in Licking County who have stepped up to help.  Not just the people giving contributions, but all of you that have reached out to me.  Thank you, Pam, for inviting me to your shop.  I will certainly stop by sometime!  Thank you Correna Hayden, for your donation as well!


I will continue to update, please check back!

No comments: